Thursday, December 14, 2006

General Updates: Wii Sensor Bar Hack / Wiimote Drivers

Well, since people have been building Wii sensor bars using candles and remote controls, it is obvious that the Wii sensor bar is nothing more than a Infrared LED array.

I used two small 213 hole PC Boards and soldered a AA battery holder to the end of it. Connected the positive wire to a 47K Ohm 1/4Watt Carbon Film Resistor and then ran a parallel circuit to two High-Output Infrared LEDs. I made two of these and just as I thought, served as a sufficient wireless substitute for the Wii sensor bar. So using some solder, 2 resistors, 2 AA batteries, some 22gauge hookup wire, and four high-output IR Leds, you can fire up your HD Projector your getting for Christmas and not have to worry about those pesky wires. Very cheap solution, under $20 for all the parts which are readily available at Radioshack. I will post up a parts list with links later on when I am not so damn lazy.

Until then, check out the newest Wiimote drivers :) Half-Life 2 with Wiimote = Goodness!
Linux Driver (Python Script)
Windows Driver (GlovePIE)
Mac OS X Driver (DarwiinRemote)

Also, I know many of you may not be willing to do this, but if anybody can send me their raw virtual console games (not save files). Please contact me at hackmywii@nathanix.com.

I am still trying to figure out the encryption. If you are not willing to send the file, if you can send me the Hex dumps, I would appreciate that as well.

No comments: